So I'm Devin. And I need to configure the typing echo in this thing. Anyway, I'm 32, from the US. I like reading, relaxing, gaming, chatting sometimes, and learning about tech. Recently was cursed with the "Vibe coding" skill, which I have been leveling.
Hey man, glad to see you here. We haven't spoken before, but I've seen many of your posts in Klango when it was still around, and really liked them. Yep, AI is incredible. There are so many things I can do now which I've never thought I'd be able to do.
Hi, Well, I'm a blind/deaf person, live in the USA, and mostly work with 3d printers, train service dogs and deal with my chicken, duck, geese flocks and goats, as well as slowly merging into the world of Terabuddhist lifestyle.
Hi! Can you tell more about your 3d-Printing experience? Our foundation's flagship project is 3D printing for the blind, we currently have a farm of 13 printers (both FDM and SLA) and I am the first operator of those, so the topic is somewhat captivating for me. :)
#StandWithUkraine
Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
No, never written anything, but if you are interested, we can create a new thread. We're using Prusa printers. I also made some A11Y-related Pull Requests to OctoPrint and similar software in 2022-2024. Also, software is one thing and hardware is another. I have experience replacing and upgrading parts, cleaning hotends after blobs, changing belts and electronics, building enclosure for older bed slingers etc. Also some SLA work, but here loss of sight is very problematic: it is very hard to observe FEP damages, and if FEP is damaged, we have a great risk of resin flooding up the printer, very, very, very unpleasant and risky experience. But it is possible to operate SLA as well.
We have printers from old Prusa Mini+, to I3 MK3S+ (also with MMU2S), to MK4S (also with MMU3), to Core One and Core One L, to XL and SL1S. So varied farm, but of one brand. I have also tested BambuLabs and Vorons.
#StandWithUkraine
Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
@pajper such a thread would be great. I'm also interested in aquiring one, I have decided for the BambuLab a1. I have learned Openscad, as we have a printer in school which gave me the opportunity to print some of my very own designs. Some things i created are a plate with my own name engraved in font and flags for makring the start and end of a maze (for a school robotics project). As you mentioned you focus on printing things for the blind as I understood it, what exactly do you print, and can we also find your own presets/models somewhere or are they private? Also, it would be nice to talk about Filament. I have used AI to research some parts of this as it turns out to be remarkably useful at such jobs, and it probably would be the best if I chose Bambu's own PLA Filament as they have a chip in the spool that indicates the color to the printer so I do not need to set it myself. However, they're around 45 Euros per 1kg which seems rather expensive.
Hello new people. This is Louisa from South Africa. I like audio drama, audiobooks, and interesting conversation. For more info, look at my profile. I know nothing about 3d printing, sounds complicated, lol. But if it makes you happy, that's good.