Administrative Announcements & Discussion/Feedback

How can we Revive This Place?

Started by Sir-Charlie 83 posts last post 8 days ago Page 3 of 5

#41

Sorry but that's in fact exactly what it means, and your objections to that interpretation are ultimately irrelevant because the administration evidently takes a view of freedom of speech closer to mine than yours.
-- (daszekmdn):
About the holocaust topic, i agree with Karmien.
Freedom of speech does not mean that you can deny facts and write harmful posts.
Holocaust is a fact and in Poland a lot of families was victims in II war. Really, removing posts which canbe painfull for some groups or ethnits are censorship in your mind?
If you think yes, probably You really missed your calling.
--
Chesterton, G.K. "When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing; they then become capable of believing in anything."

#42

Freedum of speach seems to be a pritty contentious issue on this forum, and the polisy on it should be properly outlined on it at some point. I would be willing to mediate a conversation about it with the euros sense there seems to be a lot of missunderstanding on their part as to what the consept actually entails.

#43

I'd be down for that also.
Chesterton, G.K. "When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing; they then become capable of believing in anything."

#44 1 like Edited

@35, honestly none of what you say matters to me because you chose to run away rather than having a serious conversation as a fellow staff member. If you had a problem with what was going on, you had a chance to reform it from the inside. It wasn't as if you tried and I refused. You just ran and then started criticising my style.
This wasn't a courageous resignation in protest, it was the coward's way out.
I don't really care to litigate the holocaust posts with you because that should have been something handled in private, but I'll say that I don't appreciate the suggestions that I'm a holocaust denier or support those views. There are multiple posts in there where I condemn Holocaust denial. Most of my posts in there were for adding additional context or providing my opinion. I stand by the notion that the holocaust isn't that much of an issue in the public conscience outside Europe, and possibly the US purely because of their large Jewish population and Israel, because duh. It's not that we don't care, it's just that there are other tragedies of our own to focus on, and people will naturaly focus on the issues closer to home.
Some of the posts of mine were in fact taken out of context, and I'd appreciate it if you were to fact check your bot next time.
All that I survey, I could easily destroy. From time to time, it is important to remind these small creatures of the true extent of my power.

#45

As for the free speech thing, it's something I genuinely believe in, regardless of who we're talking about. In fact, it's official forum policy that criticism of public figures has a significantly higher threshold to engage moderation procedures.
I think a debate about this wouldn't go anywhere because Europeans have a more restricted view of free speech than we do in the Americas just because of various factors.
Basically the stance now is you're fine, just so long as you aren't overtly hateful, particularly toward a fellow forum member, and don't post child porn.
All that I survey, I could easily destroy. From time to time, it is important to remind these small creatures of the true extent of my power.

#46

Advice to prospective mods for forums such as this one. Get comfortable with the idea that you may encounter users whose worldview diverges so sharply from your own that your sensibilities mean nothing to them. If this is something that you do not have the stomach for, do not apply for a position of power for your own sake.
Chesterton, G.K. "When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing; they then become capable of believing in anything."

#47

Yeah yeah, when ever you are called out for something you or your friends said it's always outa context. I won't discuss this again either.
greatings, Felix, alias Karmien

Mastodon: @randomfelix@dragonscave.space
WhatsApp: +4915560642152
Discord: felixius2084

#48 3 likes

Lmfao sorry but that answer was the most poor one I've seen from you in a while.
You didn't even go with what he actually said in these posts. He took time enough to formulate something for your, hopefully smart enough brain to understand. You're quick to point out others but yourself. And no, that's not just targeting you, you're one of many of this type I've seen.
Sorry to bring it down.
McOi

#49

You did in fact take me out of context.

I'll quote what Claude said, then what I actually wrote.

Post 64, Sir Charlie: no issue with questioning "the exact number of undesirables exterminated". Undesirables. Thats pretty much the nazis own wording for the people they murdered. Questioning the numbers is also one of the most classic denier talking points out there.

I have no issue with questioning the exact number of undesirables exterminated during the war, but I think there is enough evidence to support that it happened.
Holocaust denial is just a form of antisemitism as far as I'm concerned.

Post 80, Sir Charlie: questioning the narratives around it is "legitimate", and to the people who complained: "If you can't take the heat, then sucks to be you."

That's not what I said.

I think the unfortunate thing is you're not even reading what he said clearly, because he said on multiple occasions he doesn't deny the holocaust. He believes the holocaust happened.
He doesn't think it's immoral if someone questions the narratives sounding it, which IMO is legitimate. There's nothing immoral about questioning the exact facts regarding an event.
Regarding the Mastodon post, I realise certain people have a vendetta against me and I won't be entertaining their foolishness. The thread was called most contravertial opinions. If you can't take the heat, then sucks to be you. Nobody expressed anything in here that could be construed as hateful or illegal, so I'm not sure what he expects.
Unlike the author of that post, I'm able to exercise reading comprehension, and will not ban someone for something they didn't say nor believe.

7. Post 88, Sir Charlie: "the question is in the number of jews that were actually murdered".

Again, out of context. You need to look at posts 83 and 86 first, where Jonathan asks how could one deny the Holocaust. This is what I actually said.

I think the question is in the number of jews that were actually murdered during the programme but IDK, I never had the need to look into holocaust denial.

I already addressed post 126, and if claude can't accept people will focus on their own historiography then the problem is with Claude and not me.
Interesting also that you only chose to focus on the holocaust thing and not some of the other things in there, like wanting to repeal the civil rights act and the unprovoked racism against Americans.
All that I survey, I could easily destroy. From time to time, it is important to remind these small creatures of the true extent of my power.

#50 3 likes

Tbh, if anyone wants to talk shit on the forums, and showcase their poor taste and upbringing, it's fine, let them make a fool of themselves. It's easier to know who I wouldn't ever wanna be friends with on this platform.
The only point we seem to be missing is that a lot of new members might get discouraged from posting on here, when people start debating things like whether denying the holocaust is moral or immoral.
Or, if you want something more American, is it good the north states won in the civil war or not. Or, if slavery should've been abolished, or not. I'm sure that was gonna come at some point as well.
Senter San

#51 1 like

Sounds like a good topic. Though we would be seen as horable people for talking about it. Dispite all the problems leagly were created because of the north winning. God forbid we have a stance on that its not like these moral arbiters of the internet have to live with that part of the sivle war. If we complane about the entailments of the war we are bad by defalt.

#52

Fair enough on 88, you were describing what deniers question in reply to Jonathan, not your own view. That one was presented wrong in my list, my bad. Same with 64, the second half of that sentence should have been right next to the quote and not only in the context part at the bottom.

80 though is exactly what you wrote, you just quoted it your self. "which IMO is legitimate" and "If you can't take the heat, then sucks to be you" are both in there.

And you still didnt say anything about the word "undesirables", the abortion comparison in 36, or 256 about blind people. Those where the main points.

The civil rights act and the american stuff wasnt my topic, the holocaust part is why i stepped down, so thats what i focused on.

I think everything is said now, anyone can read the topic and make up there own mind. I'm out of this one.
greatings, Felix, alias Karmien

Mastodon: @randomfelix@dragonscave.space
WhatsApp: +4915560642152
Discord: felixius2084

#53 3 likes

You with your big America. The world doesn’t revolve around your country.
Sygnatura to może być w sądzie. Sygnatura sprawy np. :P

#54 1 like

@45 I enjoy freedom of speech too. Is working awesome in america where Trumpy Trump bans news outlets from the White House, very free that is. Unless someone in charge ain't liking it. And yes, I know Jay Jay, you are not from america. Regardless of that, you have to remind yourself that Elten is EU based.
Whatever, this is what Eltens Terms say about this:
1. Each user has the right to speak in the forum without any restrictions as to the points of these rules, internal regulations and laws of the country of residence. No other user may forbid it or otherwise prevent it.
An exception to this are restrictions imposed by the group moderation and the Portal Administration, resulting from the violation of any of the points of this document or the rules of the group concerned.

#55 1 like Edited

My government, for all of it's faults, wouldn't send me to prison for my views on an event that happened 80 years ago. But ultimately it's irrelevant what my government would do because it is my view of free speech that has sway with the administration of this forum, not yours. Which means I will continue to trample on the worthless sensibilities of European leftists and liberals of all stripes, and all they will ever be able to do about it is seethe impotently.
Chesterton, G.K. "When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing; they then become capable of believing in anything."

#56 1 like

To answer the topic title, being an egocentric asshole won't help it. I'm interested in discussion, not useless provocation.

#57

This thread is rapidly going off topic and is frankly devolving into something rather pathetically asinine.
If you wish to discuss American politics, please feel free to create a thread or discuss it in a suitable thread in that nature. The discussion now should be focused around the issues as it relates to this forum.
All that I survey, I could easily destroy. From time to time, it is important to remind these small creatures of the true extent of my power.

#58

The word you're looking for is triumphalist.
-- (Jonathan):
To answer the topic title, being an egocentric asshole won't help it. I'm interested in discussion, not useless provocation.
--
Chesterton, G.K. "When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing; they then become capable of believing in anything."

#59 Edited

And you really wonder why noone wants to talk here? Or is that just pretending for the image? Mager L.

#60

I do wonder why no one wants to talk in the rooms I'm *not* active in, yes. Cute attempt at a gotcha.
Chesterton, G.K. "When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing; they then become capable of believing in anything."