General Discussion

Premium packages change on August 24th, 2026

Założony przez pajper 44 wpisy ostatni wpis 9 dni temu Przypięty Strona 2 z 3

#21

you know you can like posts right? --Yes i agree--
signed, Mayowa Arogundade

#22

Reread his post
All that I survey, I could easily destroy. From time to time, it is important to remind these small creatures of the true extent of my power.

#23

So I admittedly was thinking to get the sponser package quickly now but... I decided to instead wait for the change to take affect to see what will be in free versions and what will be premium to see if I will need it or not.
Signed by Muhammad.

#24

I've been meaning to renew my sponsor package since it expired at the beginning of this year, but I'm gonna wait until I get paid, which is luckily before August 24th.
Alex Chapman (Alexoloopios)

#25

So bought premium now, will that bbe converted to the sponsorship package when it comes out or?

#26 1 polubienie

Quote from first post: Users who already have premium packages will keep them under the current terms.

#27

just got mine as well

#28

Honest question. Why is transcription not paid? That's coming out of an OpenAI API, yes? Which charges by the minute? Perhaps it's not paid for accessibility reasons, which would be perfectly fine reasoning. Just seems a bit weird if they charge for a free API and don't charge for a paid one.


This mesage has been approved by x0.

#29

I believe it's fasterwhisper or that nvidia model thing so it just runs on the server they already have. But yeah, compared to for example markdown, it would really make more sense to charge for transcription.
greatings, Felix, alias Karmien

Mastodon: @randomfelix@dragonscave.space
WhatsApp: +4915560642152
Discord: felixius2084

#30

Then again that transcription model sucks ngl. Barely any punctuation in there. Ramblios is far more solid.
McOi

#31

It's a server model. Also, it would be a wasted effort to transcribe every message and forum post on the server when only a percent of all users ever can see it, no?

#32

Uhm, I'm new, and well I don't see what is in the paid version, so I wil not spend a penny if I don't know what is for paid parts, and it looks like a yearly purchase is only the option, whcih for me is $70, which sad to say, right now I have to go to food bank as it is so there is no way I could even afford to pay for it anyhow.

#33

You are right. Don't spend a penny on a premium package, save it for spending on understanding written text. You can either pay for lessons to learn, or pay 20 USD a month for an AI and it'll do the job. ALTernatively, you can press alt on a selected premium package...

Όταν θα κοιτάς την θάλασσα
Χωρίς να το θέλεις, θα βλέπεις εμένα
Και τα μάτια σου θα ‘ναι θλιμμένα
Όταν θα ξυπνάς στον ύπνο σου
Χωρίς να το θέλεις, θα σκέφτεσαι εμένα
Και θα νιώθεις μεγάλο κενό

#34

uh, that was, a bit, rood? This person is only new and your treating them like they've been using elten for 5 years strate...
signed, Mayowa Arogundade

#35

I, guess this is what I ment in the other thread. Eventually people are put off by us because sometimes we have to realise not all people are good learners or think widely, sometimes we fail to understand that. And yeah the guy is new. I mean the post was just fine to read but I guess it all comes down to when dude understands how to use all of this program. Also, him being death might act into it, so I'd be careful on this, but maybe that's just me. Blind+death seems to be a rather hard combo for me so respect is given. Of course one could wonder why he wrote this though...
McOi

#36 2 polubienia

If this comunity wants to grow we have to stop beeing roode if new people try to gain information.
Umarmungen sind Worte einer Sprache, die viele kennen, aber nur wenige verstehen.

#37

The paid version basicly combines all the Eltin's benefits into one, even though there're benefits that I think they're free.
For a list, do this.
Click on Premium packages in the main screen.
Click on sponsored.
Have fun reading the list.

-- (blind-wolf):
Uhm, I'm new, and well I don't see what is in the paid version, so I wil not spend a penny if I don't know what is for paid parts, and it looks like a yearly purchase is only the option, whcih for me is $70, which sad to say, right now I have to go to food bank as it is so there is no way I could even afford to pay for it anyhow.
--
Signed by Muhammad.

#38 2 polubienia

This is a habit not only of Elten. Any normal accessible program uses alt as the menu.

-- (MayowaArogundade):
uh, that was, a bit, rood? This person is only new and your treating them like they've been using elten for 5 years strate...
--

Όταν θα κοιτάς την θάλασσα
Χωρίς να το θέλεις, θα βλέπεις εμένα
Και τα μάτια σου θα ‘ναι θλιμμένα
Όταν θα ξυπνάς στον ύπνο σου
Χωρίς να το θέλεις, θα σκέφτεσαι εμένα
Και θα νιώθεις μεγάλο κενό

#39 4 polubienia

MODERATION!
@Arctic Moon, I'd appreciate it if you cooled your rhetoric down a bit. I understand it's frustrating to see people post things which you find asinine or stupid, but you need to consider there are people on here with a range of backgrounds. Different language barriers may exist. Intellectual challenges may exist. Age differences may exist and, knowledge gaps may also exist.
The thing is, you don't have to comment on every little thing you see, particularly if the comment you do intend to make is as unnecessarily mean-spirited as @33.
We talk a lot about new users and making sure the community is more welcoming, and that's true, but the thing is, I don't think anyone appreciates seeing such vitriol. Not new users, nor vetteran users. I just ask that you think a bit more before you comment, and also give your fellow community members the benefit of the doubt.
All that I survey, I could easily destroy. From time to time, it is important to remind these small creatures of the true extent of my power.

#40

I'm glad her behavior's been called out, as she's been trying to pull her usual nonsense on Mastodon, and to put it simply, its getting her no where.
Alex Chapman (Alexoloopios)