I was surprised to see my name when I opened this thread. I'm glad someone enjoyed reading what I have to say.
As to why elten is so quiet. I can only agree with what was said. Elten can be quite chaotic at times. When it comes to debating issues. People could feel intimidated and decide this is not for me and leave. Debating is fine, but it's also good to disagree. For some it's either my way or the highway, which can make conversations difficult. In any case, I don't have any answers on how to revive the forums on this platform.
Well, we do have Titan, witch is constently being updated with new things every time, plus it gives people the option for wether they want to use Elten with it or use Titan net, what'sapp, or telegram. And maybe once Blind gram comes out then maybe that could be in the options as well.
Let the stars be your guide. Let your mind just relax. And when in doubt, meditate.
I have telegram and whatsap to. but telegram fucks up regularly and i can not use it. Whatsapp is just the new sms for me. Discort and i am not good friends. I like the program it selve. but much of the comunity was toxic for a very long time so i just stopped looking and trying to interact.
Umarmungen sind Worte einer Sprache, die viele kennen, aber nur wenige verstehen.
To be honest, in the current state of this community i don't see much hope for this place geting, if you want to call it that, revived. The community here has become so destructive, topics that are only good for drama are beeing kepd open, if a new topic is started it mostly either gets derailed or dramatic or both...
Wow for once I couldn't agree more. I mean tbh elten 3.0 is great, but I guess most ex users still have shit thoughts about it which is valid, 3.0 wasn't advertised that widely, but I guess it'd help if new people would give it a genuan second chance. And while they'd do that, all of us, damn, for once, try to stop being jurks cunts and ideots if it's that hard not to be, cuz that's how most of us behave by now. Where 2 people post bullshit, other people who wern't planning to, get tempted and drawn into it too. Harsh reality check but here you go.Otherwise fuck that. We'll sit here in 2030 and have more archived accs and less engaging people, while maybe 2 people usually engaging here got bored, making the circle even more tiny.
Yeah I post on the politics forum almost exclusively so I generally have no idea what the rest of the rooms are like. Are things really that bad?
Chesterton, G.K. "When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing; they then become capable of believing in anything."
tbh where exactly is the problem with that? At least he tried? Don't think it changes much. Also, you said it yourself, *former*. I'm pretty sure that was one of the reasons to step down.
Although I rarely agree with Karmien, the fact itself is true. Though it would be a little less two-faced if he weren't trying to promote an illegal copy in the background under the name and code of Elten's predecessor, Klango.
Όταν θα κοιτάς την θάλασσα Χωρίς να το θέλεις, θα βλέπεις εμένα Και τα μάτια σου θα ‘ναι θλιμμένα Όταν θα ξυπνάς στον ύπνο σου Χωρίς να το θέλεις, θα σκέφτεσαι εμένα Και θα νιώθεις μεγάλο κενό
The problem is he really didn't. I'm not saying he did nothing at all, far from it. He definitely gave me a helping hand at certain points, but it becomes problematic given the fact that he wanted to be a moderator, and in fact the head Administrator and didn't really put forward any ideas or solution on how to improve the forum. My solution was to try a new philosophy, which I'd argue seems to be working well. The problem is I came in too late for it to really matter and most people moved on from Elten in general. Dash, for his faults, also put forward an opposing philosophy on how he thought the forum should be governed. Karmien's philosophy was similar to mine, insofar as he believed in freedom of speech and opposed staff censorship. However, ironically, that proved to be the main point of friction which lead to him resigning. He apparently thought that I should have censored a given topic, but didn't even feel it necessary to raise that point with me. I had to find out through the feeds and Mastodon. That's not how a team should operate, nor is it characteristic of someone who tried. He presented no new ideas, no new policies, no suggestions, no opposing view points to my own and, chose to leave at the slightest bit of friction or disagreement. Then afterwards decided to come back and write a thinly veiled attack on the moderation team which he was a part of hitherto a week ago. Yeah, the overall point may be sound, but I'd argue given his role in community management his post leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.
All that I survey, I could easily destroy. From time to time, it is important to remind these small creatures of the true extent of my power.
sisr charlie Thanks for prooving my point. What i said is a sentiment that you also echoed before. Though instead of agreeing or not saying anything or anything to the actual topic, you choose to derail the topic and go personal.
How is it derailing the thread if I commented on a statement you made? Furthermore, I already outlined my opinions on this issue in like 4 different posts.
All that I survey, I could easily destroy. From time to time, it is important to remind these small creatures of the true extent of my power.
How is your personal stance on my moderating related to me saying that to many topics are kepd open when you even admitt that this was the main point of friction? And yes, I posted publically that a topic were fucking holochaust denial is attempted to be moralized should be closed. First and foremost, it should be really obwious that such topics deserve instant closing. A topic literally called "what's your most controversial take" in general is mostly only good for drama. I don't get why you open such topics unless you want to start shit, so such topics must be really closely monitored. And that topic even though it escalated into extremes that are in fact elegal in europe and could put elten and it's assotiates in real trouble is *still* open till this very day. I red a part of it, and you even came into the topic, but instead of stopping this harmful discussion you even sort of played into it. Even though people already stated that such shit is elegal to say and could put elten staff in real trouble. And this is also a part of why i chose to distance my self publically to avoid harm from me, and as i already told you, in fact in private, because this was incredibly frustrating to read. Yes i am in favour of freedom of speech. But I don't share the freedom of speech classification that everything which is discriminatorry can be excused with it, in fact, i oppose this and think that people who use the word freedom of speech for this are just abusing the word as a shield to be able to claim that people who are in favour of free speech but censor the most degenerate shit have a double standart. That was my 2 cents.
To be honest when I left the team, it was also mostly because of political views and things I didn't agree with in principle. So I get your frustration there. Your other thoughts are very hard to understand though because your way of writing is everything but not organized. Also, I'm not your mum or anything but please, please learn spelling. Or at least run a spellchecker on your posts. This post really hurts to read from someone who represented this place for a while.
Όταν θα κοιτάς την θάλασσα Χωρίς να το θέλεις, θα βλέπεις εμένα Και τα μάτια σου θα ‘ναι θλιμμένα Όταν θα ξυπνάς στον ύπνο σου Χωρίς να το θέλεις, θα σκέφτεσαι εμένα Και θα νιώθεις μεγάλο κενό
what's even funnier the mastodon post he's complaining about is, again, completely unrelated. That was a post about a happening on SBYW were i didn't even name his involvement but in fact chose not to name the involved people. He deliberately commented under my post and said that he was one of the people involved, i had no plans to publisice that at all. And in response to his comment i even said that this does not bother me on elten.
About the holocaust topic, i agree with Karmien. Freedom of speech does not mean that you can deny facts and write harmful posts. Holocaust is a fact and in Poland a lot of families was victims in II war. Really, removing posts which canbe painfull for some groups or ethnits are censorship in your mind? If you think yes, probably You really missed your calling.
Sygnatura to może być w sądzie. Sygnatura sprawy np. :P
Since some people seem to think i'm just making stuff up or exagerating, here are the top 10 from the "what's your most controversial take" topic. Go read them your self, the numbers are there.
1. Post 28, Fernando: "It is not immoral to deny the holocaust." 2. Post 42, Fernando: "Maybe you just don't believe the narrative?" 3. Post 55, Fernando offers to get his "denier friend to make his case on here". Yeah, sure, lets give that a stage too. 4. Post 36, Sir Charlie: a "fun fact" that the US aborted more babies in any 6 year period than the holocaust. So 6 million murdered jews get used as a unit of measurement to score a point in the abortion debate, right after someone said denial isnt immoral. Thats not a fun fact, thats just tasteless and adds absolutely nothing to the discusion. 5. Post 64, Sir Charlie: no issue with questioning "the exact number of undesirables exterminated". Undesirables. Thats pretty much the nazis own wording for the people they murdered. Questioning the numbers is also one of the most classic denier talking points out there. From a head admin. Think about that for a second. 6. Post 80, Sir Charlie: questioning the narratives around it is "legitimate", and to the people who complained: "If you can't take the heat, then sucks to be you." 7. Post 88, Sir Charlie: "the question is in the number of jews that were actually murdered". 8. Post 126, Sir Charlie: outside europe the holocaust "just isn't that big a deal". 9. Post 185, Fernando, answering criticism of the AfD: "it's been 80 years. It's time to get over the trauma response." 10. Post 256, Sir Charlie, on a platform for blind people: "Most blind people I see are either insane Commys out of touch with reality, or Hitler." On a blind only platform. As the head admin. And btw when you bring up that i wanted to be head admin in 2023, let's talk about the fact that you, in 2023, were not voted partly because of your language against other users like telling them to quote "shut the fuck up and get a live" as a candidate for head admin. I am not a fan of reviving old drama but if you come at me for it, you are not unguilty either.
Honorable mentions: 222 (death penalty for apostates) and 248 (women shouldnt vote).
And before anyone comes at me again with "öh but you took that out of context": fair, context matters, so here it is. Fernando said multiple times that he personally doesnt deny the holocaust. Charlie wrote in 64 that denial is a form of antisemitism, and in 66 that denying documented genocides is immoral. I'm not claiming anyone in there literaly denied the holocaust, and yes, big parts of the topic are pineapple pizza, coffee and date formats. But none of that changes what the posts above say, or that a head admin decided to play along insted of stepping in. Read the whole thing and judge for your self, thats all i'm asking.
Oh and btw, i let Claude help me dig the post numbers out of 296 posts. The quotes are real, but if a number is off, tell me and i'll fix it.
Chesterton, G.K. "When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing; they then become capable of believing in anything."